For the ultimate luxurious experience aboard Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) vessels prospective passengers should consider booking accommodations in Norwegian exclusive, The Haven.
NCL advertises The Haven as an exclusive enclave "that has a number of white glove amenities along with 24-hour butler service and personal service of a concierge."
The Haven offers unparalleled accommodations aboard Norwegian Cruise Line vessels, and offers guests private access to exclusive spaces such as The Haven Lounge and The Haven Restaurant (Or, if on a Jewel-class ship, a dedicated speciality restaurant that is used for exclusive breakfast and lunch offerings).
Guests staying in this exclusive and premium space aboard Norwegian Cruise Line ships also enjoy the following: “From embarkation to debarkation, boarding of tenders to shore, onboard entertainment to dining times you will have priority.” This means that Haven guests will be the first to reserve times for things such as dining and entertainment onboard NCL vessels.
Think of The Haven as a "ship within a ship" -- A space that brings about a whole new sense of luxury for guests wishing to sail with NCL in style.
One of the primary reasons someone may choose to book a stateroom in The Haven is due to the access to the private venues available only to guests of The Haven.
These private spaces offer a quiet and relaxing space for guests wishing for a retreat from the excitement of the rest of the ship.
The Haven Lounge
The Haven Lounge is equipped with The Haven Bar for guests to enjoy a cocktail, or for guests to simply relax in a space designed with both comfort and luxury in mind.
The Haven Restaurant
Guests of The Haven have special access to dining spaces apart from that of the complimentary and specialty dining onboard NCL ships. The Haven Restaurant offers an unparalleled dining experience, accompanied by exceptional service. Guests of The Haven additionally have the option to have meals served to them in their stateroom by a Haven butler.
As previously mentioned, Jewel-class ships do not have a dedicated private restaurant. Rather, guests sailing in the Haven have exclusive access to dining within a speciality restaurant when it is closed to other guests with a menu similar to Haven Restaurants on other vessels.
The Haven Courtyard and Sundeck
Passengers booked in The Haven have access to their very own pool and sundeck area, exclusive to guests of The Haven. The Haven Courtyard and Sundeck features a pool, hot tub, and lounge chairs. Additionally, access to The Haven Sundeck is restricted to guests 16 years and older, offering a private space for adult guests onboard.
Being a guest of The Haven with Norwegian Cruise Line means personalized service.
Guests will experience a vacation different that that typically found onboard. Guests of The Haven will have the opportunity to experience the following exclusive amenities and services:
- Skip lines as well as be personally escorted on and off the cruise ship at both the pier and at ports-of-call and destinations.
- The help and assistance 24-hours a day, of a trained and certified butler.
- Concierge service to help guests book their dining, entertainment and more with NCL.
- The help and assistance of The Haven Courtyard attendant, to take care of all guests’ needs, such as delivering drinks, fresh fruit, cold towels, etc.
- White tablecloth in-suite dining, to be enjoyed in guests’ staterooms.
- Evening turndown service of guests’ beds.
- Priority when reserving restaurants and entertainment onboard NCL vessels.
- Mobile phones that can be used throughout the ship (this feature is exclusive to the following ships: Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, and Norwegian Epic)
- Luxurious details such as platinum keycard to stateroom.
- Sparkling wine, bottled water, and fruit on embarkation day (available to 2-Bedroom Villa, Courtyard Penthouse, Spa Suite, and Penthouse stateroom guests).
- Mini-bar and premium coffee machine (capable of making coffee, espresso, and cappuccinos).
- Special Haven menus for The Haven Restaurant and in-suite dining.
- Invitations to exclusive cocktail parties offered only to guests of The Haven.
- Cocktail party with the cruise ship’s officers.
- Bliss Collection by Norwegian pillow-top mattress on stateroom beds.
- Fine linens, feather duvet on stateroom beds, and a pillow menu.
- Plush bathrobes, slippers, and oversized bath towels to be enjoyed onboard by guests of The Haven.
- Luxury bath products in stateroom bathrooms.
The Haven aboard Norwegian Cruise Line ships features up to 9 different types of Haven staterooms. These staterooms range in size and in-room amenities and vary from ship to ship and class to class.
3-Bedroom Garden Villa
This expansive villa features contemporary design with a spacious living room area, many large windows to take in the ocean views, outdoor terrace with hot tub, private dining area, and three full bath rooms with an additional half-bath.
- Available on: Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Star, Norwegian Jewel.
- Spanning and impressive 6,694 square feet.
- Sleeps up to eight guests.
Deluxe Owner’s Suite with Large Balcony
The Deluxe Owner’s Suite with Large Balcony contains a large bedroom (sometimes two) with floor-to-ceiling windows, and a separate living and dining room area, and large balcony with lounge chairs.
- Available on: Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Jade.
- Sleeps up to six guests.
Owner’s Suite with Large Balcony
This chic suite features large floor-to-ceiling sweeping windows, with large balcony equipped with lounge chairs. This suite includes a large bedroom, luxury bathroom, and separate living and dining room areas.
- Available on: Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Pearl.
- Sleeps up to four guests.
2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
This suite features chic decor alongside a master bedroom, second bedroom, private bathroom, living room area, and balcony.
- Available on: Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Peal.
- Sleeps up to six guests.
Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Designed to be a romantic hideaway for guests, this suite includes a round queen-sized bed and floor-to-ceiling windows to capture the passing ocean views. This suite additionally includes a private balcony.
- Available on: Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Pearl.
- Sleeps up to 2 guests.
These penthouse staterooms include dining and living room areas, specious bedrooms, and balconies.
- Available on: Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Epic, and Norwegian Breakaway.
- Sleeps up to four guests.
The Forward-Facing Penthouse staterooms feature the same design and amenities of the Aft-Facing Penthouse rooms, but are located in a different area of the ship.
- Available on: Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Breakaway.
- Sleeps up to four guests.
Deluxe Spa Suite with Balcony
This suite type includes the ultimate spa stateroom experience with a king-sized bed, hot tub in-room, oversized waterfall shower with multiple body spray jets, unique spa decor, and is located near the Mandara Spa and Fitness Center for easy access. This suite also includes a separate living room area, and balcony. Guests staying in this type of Haven accommodation additionally receive complimentary access to the NCL Thermal Spa Suite onboard during regular spa hours.
- Available on: Norwegian Escape.
- Sleeps up to three guests.
Spa Suite with Balcony
This Spa Suite includes all of the features and amenities as the Deluxe Spa Suite with Balcony, however, this suite does not include a separate living room area, making its square footage slightly smaller. This stateroom type features relaxing and luxurious spa decor.
- Available on: Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Epic.
- Sleeps up to two guests.
Tips for The Haven
The Haven’s spaces are luxurious, but they are also meant to have a homey feel, so that guests can relax in a quiet and serene space onboard. Guests will need to use their keycards in order to enter The Haven complex.
Many of The Haven’s spaces are child friendly, while some spaces are reserved for older and adult guests. The Courtyard pool area for example is accessible to all guests, while The Haven Sundeck is reserved for guests 16 years and older. The Courtyard area has a mix of lounge chairs and seating for guests to enjoy. The Sundeck has a hot tub, plenty of lounge day beds, and a private bar for guests of The Haven. There is also a private sauna reserved for guests of The Haven.
Some of The Haven staterooms are not actually located inside The Haven complex, some are located in other areas of the ship, however all guests staying in a stateroom designated as part of The Haven will have access to all of the exclusive Haven venues and amenities.
The Haven has plenty of space for guests to lounge and relax. The Haven venues are designed with a relaxing atmosphere, and provide guests a space to get away from all of the excitement onboard the other parts of Norwegian Cruise Line ships.
The Haven has its own breakfast buffet area for guests, so that Haven passengers do not have to venture to the main buffet or other dining venues onboard for breakfast. Much of The Haven has beautiful ocean views throughout for passengers to enjoy.
Passengers of The Haven will be escorted off the ship for excursions as well as upon arrival to ports of call. This means that Haven guests will be able to skip any lines that may occur onboard when disembarking at destinations while sailing on the cruise and maximize their time in ports.
Guests can contact The Haven concierge before arriving and let them know of any specific preferences and desires, this will ensure that guests’ assigned butler will know just how to care for their Haven passengers.
(NCL's The Haven Sundeck area aboard the brand new Norwegian Prima)
The Haven is usually located at the front of the Norwegian Cruise Line ships, and guests will often times be able to experience the same view that the ship’s captain possesses from many of The Haven spaces.
The Haven promises exceptional customer service aboard Norwegian Cruise Line ships, luxurious accommodations, relaxing and exclusive spaces, and premium food options. The Haven can be an interesting and luxurious option for guests looking for an elevated experience aboard NCL vessels.