Princess Captain's Circle Levels, Perks and Cruise Loyalty FAQ
If you're a frequent passenger on Princess cruises, you'll want to familiarize yourself with Captain's Circle, Princess' loyalty rewards program, which offers perks that grow in value for cruisers as they ascend up the ranks.
Members enjoy benefits that range from discounts on cruise fares and free recognition pins to exclusive onboard events, and complimentary internet access and wine tastings.
Princess' Captain's Circle Tiers
Unlike other cruise lines' programs, Captain's Circle has only four levels and tracks both the total number of voyages on which you've sailed, as well as the total number of days you've been onboard. Either one can be used to move up to the next loyalty tier.
- Gold: 1 completed cruise
- Ruby: 4 completed cruises or 31 cruise days
- Platinum: 6 completed cruises or 51 cruise days
- Elite: 16 or more completed cruises or 151 cruise days
Princess' Captain's Circle Perks
- Exclusive access to deals and fare discounts
- Members-only onboard event access
- Dedicated onboard Circle host
- Princess Passport keepsake
- Collectible destination stamps for Princess Passport
- Quarterly issues of Circle Magazine
- Gold recognition pin
- Access to additional online benefits
- All Gold rewards (except Gold pin)
- Princess Vacation Protection upgrade (Platinum-level coverage at standard-coverage price)
- Shoreside access to Captain's Circle help line
- Ruby recognition pin
- All Gold and Ruby rewards (except Gold and Ruby recognition pins)
- Complimentary itinerary brochure
- Priority check-in at embarkation
- Access to Platinum Lounge (featuring light refreshments) on disembarkation day
- Complimentary internet package (dependent on sailing length)
- Platinum recognition pin
- All Gold, Ruby and Platinum rewards (except Gold, Ruby and Platinum recognition pins)
- Exclusive preview and booking window for new itineraries
- Priority tendering (where applicable)
- Priority disembarkation
- Complimentary shoe polishing and laundry services
- Free mini-bar setup (first round free)
- Selection of free canapes delivered to your cabin on formal nights
- Complimentary in-cabin afternoon tea service
- Upgraded bathroom amenities (usually reserved for suite passengers)
- 10% discount in onboard shops
- Free wine tasting
- Elite recognition pin
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (passengers younger than 18 only)
Captain's Circle Loyalty Program FAQ
How do I enroll in Captain's Circle?
To enroll, you'll have to sign up for an account on the Princess Cruises website. You will receive credit toward your loyalty membership following your first completed voyage.
When does my loyalty status take effect?
Credit for cruises and cruise days is not received until after a sailing is completed. That means if you rise to the next loyalty tier as the result of a particular sailing, you won't be eligible to take advantage of the related perks of the higher tier until your next voyage.
I’m cruising with my friends/spouse, and we're at different loyalty tiers. Can perks be shared?
No. Each passenger will be entitled only to the amenities and rewards offered by their individual loyalty statuses. Exceptions might include perks that are awarded on a per-stateroom basis, rather than a per-passenger basis.
If I have status and I'm cruising with my child(ren), will my status carry over?
No. Children must earn their own loyalty status in order to take advantage of the benefits provided by each tier.
Will other Carnival Corporation brands honor my Captain's Circle status if I sail with them?
No. The Captain's Circle program is exclusive to Princess Cruises only. Loyalty status will not be matched with other lines in the Carnival Corp. portfolio, nor will they honor the perks you've earned as a result of your Princess loyalty status.
Sailings booked with Princess' sister lines -- including Carnival, Holland America, Cunard and others -- will help cruisers to earn status with each respective line individually.