New Celebrity Cruises ship sails for the first time
At long last, Celebrity Apex has had her maiden voyage.
The newest cruise ship in Celebrity Cruises' fleet pulled out of the Port of Athens today, to begin her maiden voyage and first summer season in the Aegean.
Apex was originally scheduled to sail in March 2020, but delays from the global health crisis required delays until now.
The new ship is the second in the Edge Series, and is on a 7-night cruise.
“After all this time, what a dream come true for everyone onboard this exquisite ship in one of the world’s most breathtaking regions. Her sail-away today is a meaningful moment for our guests, our crew and our company. I think we are all having ‘pinch me’ moments,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.
“Returning to sailing in the Aegean, where it all began for us, and after such a long time, is also very special for me and for the Celebrity Apex crew. Greece has always held a special place in our hearts, and, now, even more so, as we sail forward to experience all of its wonder, once again.”
Celebrity Apex sails with a vaccinated crew and at least 95% vaccinated guests.
What makes Edge different
- The Retreat is the "ship within a ship" concept offering top-tier guests a private restaurant, and an exclusive lounge and sundeck to rival any high-end resort. In addition, a dedicated team of butlers, attendants, and concierges on-hand 24/7, ensures everything is taken care of while on vacation.
- Impressive staterooms, including modern two-story villas with plunge pools, as well as staterooms with infinite verandas.
- The Magic Carpet can serve as an open-air lounge or restaurant with stunning views of the sea when positioned along higher decks.
- 29 different restaurants, bars and lounges..
- Globally-inspired menus crafted by Michelin-starred chefs