Seabourn luxury cruise line announced on Monday it has cancelled all of its remaining 2020 cruises and will try again in 2021.
Here is a breakdown of which Seabourn sailings were cancelled and until when:
- Seabourn Ovation sailings cancelled through January 3, 2021.
- Seabourn Encore sailings cancelled through January 6, 2021.
- Seabourn Quest sailings cancelled May 10, 2021.
- Seabourn Odyssey sailings cancelled through December 5, 2020.
- Seabourn Sojourn sailings cancelled through May 24, 2021 following the cancellation of the line's 2021 World Cruise.
In addition, Seabourn announced it was delaying the arrival of its new Seabourn Venture cruise ship until December 1, 2021.
When she launches, Seabourn Venture will be the first purpose-built, ultra-luxury expedition vessel. The ship is currently under construction at T.Mariotti shipyard in Italy.
Compensation for cancelled cruises
Guests who are currently confirmed on one of the affected voyages on Seabourn Quest's Antarctica, Amazon, Panama Canal, South America and Transatlantic cruises scheduled between November 7, 2020 and April 25, 2021, will automatically be re-accommodated in the same suite on the same voyage during Seabourn Quest's 2021-2022 season, at rate paid, within 30 days, as well as receive a shipboard credit that is calculated based upon voyage length. The shipboard credit is $300 per suite for voyages up to 20 days in length and $500 per suite for voyages of 21 days or more.
Guests booked on impacted cruises on Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation will automatically be cancelled and all guests will receive Future Cruise Credits. They can also request a full refund of monies paid to Seabourn. Specific details are as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn. Guests can also request a full refund of the monies paid to Seabourn.
- Deposited bookings: those guests with deposited bookings will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit amount paid, up to the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn. Guests can also request a full refund of the monies paid to Seabourn.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. The amount of non-cruise fare purchases may be transferred to a new booking. Alternatively, guests may request a refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.