The more you cruise with a specific cruise line, the more perks you will unlock through their rewards program. Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor loyalty program rewards cruises for staying "Loyal to Royal."
The more you sail, the more days you will accumulate, moving you up the Crown and Anchor loyalty ranks and making you eligible for a number of perks, including use of robes while onboard, complimentary alcoholic beverages, free internet, access to exclusive lounges, buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) specialty dining, and even free cruises!
Here is everything you need to know in terms of Crown & Anchor tiers in 2024, what it will take to achieve status with each one, and what you will receive when you get there.
What are the Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor status levels?
Within Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, there are six different tiers. You'll reach the first, Gold, after you complete your first sailing, whether it is a short 3-night getaway to The Bahamas or a 14-night transatlantic voyage from Florida to Europe.
- Gold: 3 points
- Platinum: 30 points
- Emerald: 55 points
- Diamond: 80 points
- Diamond Plus: 175 points
- Pinnacle Club: 700 points
Crown & Anchor earning system explained
Royal Caribbean status levels are reached on a points system. Passengers earn one point for each night they sail, with two points per night awarded for stays in suites. Guests traveling solo will also earn two points for each night.
Note that you won't earn two points per night if you get upgraded to a suite through the Royal Up bidding program.
Sailing on one class of ship over another does not matter. If you take a 7-night cruise onboard Vision of the Seas, you will earn the same amount of points as a 7-night cruise onboard Wonder or Icon of the Seas, the cruise line's two largest ships.
Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Perks
After you complete your first sailing with Royal Caribbean, you will become a Gold loyalty member. Here are the perks that you can expect on your second Royal Caribbean cruise (and every cruise thereafter):
- 50% off any glass of wine, beer, or soda (2 coupons per sailing)
- 50% off a Johnny Rockets milkshake (2 coupons per sailing)
- A one-time discount of 10% on any glass of wine, beer, or soda
- Private departure lounge with continental breakfast
- 25% off a single coffee beverage (excluding Starbucks)
- 10% off any internet package purchased onboard (not combinable with any other VOOM offer)
- $2 Casino Royale FreePlay
- Buy a bingo package and receive one free Jackpot card
- 10% any spa service (excluding medi-spa services)
- 10% off Royal Caribbean logo products (with a minimum purchase of $25)
- Exclusive Crown and Anchor rates
- Priority notice on special offers, new ships, and itineraries
- Exclusive email offers
- Member newsletter
- Crown & Anchor Society Desk for membership inquiries
You will reach the Platinum tier upon reaching thirty cruise points. If you cross the threshold of thirty points while onboard, you will not receive any additional benefits until your next cruise. This applies to all tiers within the Crown & Anchor Society.
In other words, if you become a Diamond in the middle of a 7-night cruise, you won't get any Diamond benefits until your next Royal Caribbean cruise.
Here are the Crown and Anchor Benefits that Platinum members can look forward to:
- All Gold-level perks.
- Buy a specialty restaurant dinner and receive one complimentary non-alcoholic specialty coffee beverage (excluding Starbucks)
- 50% off a single coffee beverage (excluding Starbucks)
- 15% off any internet package purchased onboard (not combinable with any other VOOM offer)
- Exclusive top-tier event
- 20% off a single photo, photo package, or a photobook
- $4 in Casino Royale FreePlay
- Buy a bingo package and receive three free Jackpot cards
- Robes for use onboard upon request
- $5 off $25 dry-clean or press
- 15% any spa service (excluding medi-spa services)
- A one-time discount of $5 on a $34.99 wash and fold laundry bag on sailings 5+ nights
- Discount on Balcony and Suite staterooms
- Loyalty status match with Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club
The Emerald tier is halfway between Platinum and Diamond. While you won't get free drinks (yet), there are some added benefits that you'll get to enjoy:
- All Gold and Platinum-level perks
- $6 in Casino Royale FreePlay
- 25% off a single photo, photo package, or a photobook
- Buy a bingo package and receive six free Jackpot cards
- Two complimentary welcome waters in your stateroom per person
- Signature lapel pin (delivered on the following cruise after reaching new status)
Once you reach eighty cruise points, you will become a Diamond member and start to get some pretty sweet perks that will elevate your cruising experience:
- All Gold, Platinum, and Emerald-level perks
- A one-time discount of 20% on any glass of wine, beer, or soda
- Priority waitlist seating request in the Main Dining Room
- Four complimentary daily drinks up to $14 (excludes Starbucks and the Bionic Bar)
- One free day of Surf + Stream internet
- Priority waitlist for shore excursions and Vitality Spa services
- Diamond Lounge access
- Exclusive nightly happy hour
- A one-time discount of $10 on a $34.99 wash and fold laundry bag on sailings 5+ nights
- A stateroom phone discount rate of $2 per minute for the entire sailing
- Chef's choice delivered to your stateroom. Gift and frequency vary by ship and length of sailing
- Free digital or printed photo of your choice
- 30% off a single photo, photo package, or a photobook
- 10% discount off a Digital Photo Package or Photo book
- 20% any spa service (excluding medi-spa services)
- 15% off Royal Caribbean logo products (with a minimum purchase of $25)
- Milestone crystal block at 140 nights and every 70 points thereafter
Diamond Plus benefits
Diamond Plus requires almost another 100 cruise points after reaching Diamond status and is the final tier before Pinnacle Club:
- All Gold, Platinum, Emerald, and Diamond-level perks
- A one-time discount of 25% on any glass of wine, beer, or soda
- Five complimentary daily drinks up to $14 (excludes Starbucks and the Bionic Bar)
- Buy any specialty restaurant dinner on the first or second night of your cruise and get complimentary dining for second guest (BOGO) (excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table & Hooked Seafood)
- 30% discount on the Deluxe Beverage Package
- Two free days of Surf + Stream internet
- Up close and personal with our Family Entertainment Event, which is a masterclass-style event available on sailings 5+ nights
- Priority access and seating at the main theater, ice show, and AquaTheatre
- Cheers with an officer (only available to those with 340+ cruise points)
- Upgraded bathroom amenities (only available to those with 340+ cruise points)
- Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% (only available to those with 340+ cruise points)
- Three complimentary welcome waters in your stateroom per person
- Personalized gift/amenity on a per-household basis
- One free $34.99 wash and fold bag of laundry on cruises 5+ nights. Only available on the night of the wash and fold event.
- Complimentary add-on spa treatment (excludes medi-spa services)
- Exclusive access to Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Call Center staff members
For Royal Caribbean's most loyal fans, there's the Pinnacle Club, which requires 700 (yes, you read that right!) cruise points. As such, only a small percentage of Crown and Anchor members reach the cruise line’s highest status level.
Here are the perks that Pinnacle Club members get to enjoy on each sailing:
- All Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, and Diamond Plus-level perks
- Six complimentary daily drinks up to $14 (excludes Starbucks and the Bionic Bar)
- 40% discount on the Deluxe Beverage Package
- Coastal Kitchen access on Oasis and Quantum Class ships (excluding Spectrum of the Seas)
- Daily breakfast at a specialty restaurant. Location varies by ship and is subject to change.
- Free unlimited Surf + Stream internet for the entire duration of your cruise
- Flexible arrival. Pinnacle Club guests may arrive to the terminal up to one hour before or after their scheduled check-in time
- Suite and Concierge Lounge access
- Personalized lapel pin for Pinnacle Club
- Milestone Cruise Certificate valued at the prevailing rate of a seven-night balcony cabin at 700 and 1050 cruise points
- Milestone Cruise Certificate valued at the prevailing rate of a Junior Suite at 1400 cruise points and every 350 points thereafter
As mentioned earlier, you don't have to actually sail 700 nights. If you cruise alone and/or book suites, you will climb the ranks much faster. In theory, you'd only need to cruise 350 nights to reach Pinnacle Club if you only sail in suites!
Guests under 18 enjoy their own set of benefits, too. Plus, they will share the same status tier as their parents, up to Diamond Plus. Note that upon a child's 18th birthday, they will be removed from a loyalty relationship with their parents.
- 50% off one scoop of Ben & Jerry's ice cream
- Surf & Stream access equivalent to parents' access
- Buy one Hollywood pay-per-per-movie rental in your stateroom and get another for free
- Spend $15 in arcade credits and get $5 in onboard credit. If you spend $50 at the arcade, you will get $25 onboard credit at the end of your cruise.
- Children who either earned Diamond status or status matched with their parents will get four complimentary drink coupons per day, and Diamond Plus will get five.
What perks can I use while onboard a Royal Caribbean ship?
While things like discounts on balcony cabins and exclusive email offers are nice, the onboard benefits are really what makes climbing the ranks of the Crown & Anchor Society worth it. These perks will help you save money on your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation!
Gold members, for instance, get two coupons for 50% off coupon for any glass of wine, beer, or soda, as well as 25% off of any coffee beverage, amongst other benefits:
- Two 50% off coupons for Johnny Rockets Milkshakes
- 10% off any wine, beer, or soda by the glass
- Buy a Bingo package, get one free Jackpot Card
- 10% off any Internet Package
- $2 in Casino Royale Free Play
- Buy one photo, get one 50% off
- 10% off Royal Caribbean logo products (must spend $25)
- 10% off any spa service (excluding Medi-Spa services)
Once you reach Platinum, you'll get a few more benefits, such as:
- Receive one free non-alcoholic Specialty Coffee with the purchase of one specialty dinner
- Buy a Bingo Package, get three free Jackpot Cards
- 15% off any Internet Package
- $4 in Casino Royale Free Play
- 15% off any spa service (excluding Medi-Spa)
- $5 off a $25 Dry Clean or Press
- $5 off a $34.99 Wash & Fold laundry bag on sailings that are 5 nights or longer
Those with 55 cruise points will level up to Emerald. While still not as lucrative as Diamond with the free drink coupons, you'll get more jackpot cards when you purchase a Bingo package, as well as more Free Play to spend in the casino:
- Buy a Bingo package, get six free Jackpot Cards
- $6 in Casino Royale Free Play
Diamond status holders get some pretty incredible perks that will reduce the overall cost of their cruise vacation. In addition to all Gold, Platinum, and Emerald onboard benefits, they get:
- Four free drinks daily up to $13 value (except Starbucks & Bionic Bar)
- 20% off any wine, beer, or soda by the glass
- One free day of Wi-Fi for one device or $25.99 off any Internet Package
- One free photo
- 15% off Royal Caribbean logo products (must spend $25)
- 20% off any spa service (excluding Medi-Spa)
- 10% off a Photo Package or Photo book
With four free drinks, you most likely won't have to consider purchasing a drink package again. Even if you have to pay for two or three drinks per day, it is less expensive than the cost of the Deluxe Beverage Package.
After accumulating Diamond Plus 175 cruise points, you will become a Diamond Plus member, which is the last tier before the coveted Pinnacle Club:
- Five free drinks daily up to $13 value (except Starbucks & Bionic Bar)
- 25% off any wine, beer, or soda by the glass
- 30% off Deluxe Beverage Package
- Buy one specialty dinner, get one free for dinner on Day 1 or 2 only (excludes Chef’s Table & Izumi Teppanyaki)
- Two free days of internet for one device or $51.98 off any Internet Package
- Complimentary add-on spa service (excluding Medi-spa)
While it'll take a little bit of time, money, and effort, the most loyal Royal Caribbean fans will reach the Pinnacle Club tier and get the following onboard perks, in addition to those available to lower status levels:
- Six free drinks daily up to $13 value (except Starbucks & Bionic Bar)
- 40% off Deluxe Beverage Package
- One free Internet Package for the entire cruise
- A free $34.99 Wash & Fold Laundry Bag on sailings that are 5-nights or longer
- $5 off a $17.49 Express Press on day one only
Crown and Anchor Society FAQ
What do I have to do to enroll in the Crown and Anchor Society?
Nothing. You will automatically be signed up when you sail with Royal Caribbean for the first time; however, you will not have any status on your first sailing. Gold benefits are awarded after completion of your first sailing with Royal Caribbean, no matter if it is 3-nights or 7-nights.
When does my loyalty status take effect?
Your loyalty points are awarded at the conclusion of each cruise on which you earn them. For example, if you are currently Gold and book a sailing that will get you to Platinum, you will receive Gold benefits on that sailing. Your Platinum perks will kick in after the sailing is completed and will be available for you to use on your next voyage until you reach the next tier!
How long does it take for points to be posted to my Crown and Anchor account?
It can take up to two weeks after disembarkation for the points to be posted to your account. This means that you won't see an updated points balance on disembarkation day. If you had 30 points when you got onboard, your account will reflect that for at least a few days after your cruise ends.
Will my loyalty status expire if new activity isn't posted to my account?
Unlike airline and hotel loyalty programs, you don't have to worry about maintaining your status each year. Your Crown & Anchor status will never expire, even if you go ten years in between cruises.
Not all cruise line reward programs operate like this, though. If you earn status with MSC Cruises Voyagers Club, you'll have to cruise at least once every three years for your membership status to remain valid.
I did not get any cruise points for my sailing. How do I request points for past sailings?
You may submit a request to add missing cruise points up to 12 months after the debarkation date of your cruise. That means if your sailing ended on September 18, 2022, you have until September 18, 2023 to contact Royal Caribbean regarding the points.
I am cruising with friends, and we're at different loyalty tiers. Can I share my perks with them?
Crown & Anchor benefits cannot be shared among friends traveling together, but spouses and children can be added as part of a family group. They will receive the status of the highest-tiered family member, with the exception of Pinnacle Club.
If the highest status in a family group is Pinnacle Club, other family members will be awarded Diamond Plus status, along with associated perks. However, the number of points accrued will be equivalent to the number of nights sailed with Royal Caribbean, despite the elevated status.
The only way for anyone to reach Pinnacle Club status is to actually sail 700 nights with the cruise line.
If I have status and I'm cruising with my kid(s). Will my status carry over?
You're in luck! All minors (i.e., those 17 years old and younger) will automatically match your status after their first completed cruise, with the exception of Pinnacle Club. If you're part of the Pinnacle Club, your child will be awarded Diamond Plus status.
There is one caveat: once children reach the age of 18, they will lose the status match. Their loyalty level will reflect the total number of cruise points that they have accumulated over the course of their cruising career.
Yes, this does mean that there's a chance they could go from Diamond to Emerald, depending on how much you all cruised.
Will other cruise lines in the Royal Caribbean Group honor my Crown & Anchor status if I choose to sail with them?
With the exception of Gold tier, Celebrity Cruises will honor your Crown & Anchor Society status and perks. Once you reach Platinum status, you will be able to become a Select Captain's Club member, even if you have never stepped foot onboard a Celebrity ship.
Note that if you sail with Celebrity, any points earned for your voyage will apply to your Captain's Club loyalty status with Celebrity, not towards your Crown & Anchor status.
While Diamond Crown & Anchor members won't get four free beverage coupons per day, they will be able to enjoy a free happy hour with complimentary beverages, even if they've never stepped foot on a Celebrity cruise before!