Royal Caribbean plans $110 million in upgrades to Explorer of the Seas
Royal Caribbean announced what upgrades and changes are coming to Explorer of the Seas as part of an upcoming $110 million amplification.
The upgrades will add several new experiences to Explorer of the Seas, including The Perfect Storm waterslides, a reimagined poolscape, The Lime & Coconut poolside bar and more.
Here's a list of the changes:
- The Perfect Storm, the popular duo of waterslides, raise the stakes and friendly competition. Guests with the need for speed will race each other through three stories of twists and turns on Cyclone and Typhoon
- A reimagined poolscape brings a new, resort-style look and all-day island vibes, making for the ultimate place to unwind under the sun or stars with a wider variety of seating, from hammocks and daybeds to casitas and in-pool loungers. Adults looking for alone time can escape to the rejuvenated Solarium
- The Lime & Coconut is Royal Caribbean’s signature, poolside bar. The three-level slice of the Caribbean will serve up live music, vacation-mode cocktails and the best views of the action on board as well as the Mediterranean landscape from the rooftop deck
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is the cruise line’s new take on its signature Italian restaurant. The reimagined trattoria will welcome guests to a casual setting and offer classics with a contemporary flair. From hand-tossed pizzas fresh out of the oven and made to order, to charcuterie delights, the elevated menu caps off this “Sunday supper” experience with a wide selection of wines and limoncellos from many of Italy’s well-known regions
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, the high-energy spot where guests can root for their home team as the game plays across 52 TVs. On offer will be an extensive menu of bar fare favorites with a twist and ice-cold brews, games of all kinds – arcade classics, trivia, tournaments and pool; and the Owner’s Box VIP area
- Johnny Rockets Express makes its way poolside with American favorites – even spiked shakes
- A standalone Starbucks comes aboard with its signature menu of drinks and pastries
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag debuts in Studio B, the venue that doubles as an ice-skating rink for guests and jaw-dropping shows. The latest Royal Caribbean challenge, Clash for the Crystal City will bring two clans – the Yetis and Snowshifters – head to head in the ultimate faceoff to escape extinction
- The new Adventure Ocean will come to life following a major makeover. The award-winning program for younger guests and their families introduces an open, imaginative layout with whimsical and immersive activities. Kids 6 to 12 years old can choose their own adventure, while babies and 3- to 5-year-olds enjoy specially designed spaces for each age group
- An exclusive teens hangout will sport a whole new look and features, including the latest in movies, gaming and music, and the addition of a private outdoor deck
Beginning May 7, 2020, Explorer – the first amplified ship to cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) – sets sail on 7- and 9-night itineraries to the best of Italy and the Greek isles, from Santorini to Mykonos and Crete.