Similar to other cruise lines, MSC Cruises has a robust loyalty program for its customers. Known as MSC Voyagers Club, the program has four main tiers in addition to its Welcome level. It provides cruisers with a number of benefits, especially for those who reach the higher-level tiers such as Gold and Diamond.
Loyalty program members earn points based on the number of nights for each cruise, as well as what MSC experience you purchase. For example, if you are sailing on a 7-night cruise and booked the Fantastica experience, you'll earn 700 points. Someone who booked Bella will only get 500, while those staying in the luxurious MSC Yacht Club will get 1,500 points.
This means that it is possible to reach the highest tier of the Voyagers Club after seven week-long cruises while staying in the Yacht Club.
The cruise line also gives guests the opportunity to earn points for some of their pre-cruise purchases and onboard spending, making it easier to attain higher loyalty tiers.
Here is what you need to know about MSC Voyagers Club.
Overview of Membership Tiers
MSC Cruises has five different tiers. Only four, however, actually receive benefits. Guests with one confirmed booking are part of the Welcome tier, meaning that it is not until your second MSC cruise that you begin to benefit from the MSC Voyagers Club.
Classic Membership: 1 to 2,199 points
- 5% cruise discount, valid all year round (except Tandem and MSC Grand Tours)
- Additional 5% cruise discount on all bookings made at least 6 months before departure
- MSC Voyagers Club personalized luggage tags for embarkation in the e-ticket
- MSC Voyagers Club card
- Welcome back Cocktail Party
- Onboard dedicated number
- A collection of flexible onboard offers
- MSC Voyagers Club e-newsletter
- MSC Voyagers Club online personal area
- 5% off digital accessories
- 5% off Wi-Fi packages
- 50% off F1 Simulator
- 10% off onboard pictures
- 10% off Thermal Area Cruise Pass
- 30% off fitness package
- 1 hour with a personal trainer
- 30% off the second massage
- Free consultation with spa doctor
- 10% discount on Minibar
- MSC Shop Discount – $10€/$ off for every $50 €/$ spent (except tobacco and electronics)
Silver membership: 2,200 to 4,299 points
- Benefits of the previous tier
- Milestone Reward (tier upgrade pin delivered onboard)
- 10% off on digital accessories
- 5% off on laundry
- 50€/$ onboard credit per person on Voyages Selection departures
- 20% off on onboard pictures
Gold Membership: 4,300 to 9,999 points
- Privileges of the previous tier
- Free one-hour thermal area session once per cruise
- Complimentary gift
- MSC Voyagers Club Photo (at restaurant)
- Complimentary birthday cake
- Priority disembarkation in ports with tender (where required)
- 30% off onboard pictures
- 15% off digital accessories
- 10% off Wi-Fi * (Browse Cruise / Browse & Stream Cruise)
- 10% off laundry
Diamond Membership: 10,000 and up points
- Privileges of the previous tier
- Priority boarding (valid for all cabin guests)
- Specialty Restaurant dinner plus 1 cabin guest (no beverages)
- Complimentary spumante with chocolate-dipped fruit per stateroom
- Courtesy bathrobe and slippers
- MSC Voyagers Club exclusive Diamond Party
- MSC Voyagers Club chocolate ship
- Complimentary dance class
- Late cabin check-out disembarkation (valid for all cabin guests)
- Priority disembarkation at the end of the cruise (valid for all cabin guests)
- Sweet Chocolate Gift
- 40% off onboard pictures
- 20% off digital accessories
- 15% off laundry
Read more: Top 20 MSC Cruises questions answered
Voyages Selection departures are member-only deals. In addition to discounts on the cruise price, loyalty members receive additional onboard credit of up to €/$50 per person and double membership points.
Important to note, loyalty members must cruise at least once every three years for their membership status to remain valid. If it expires, guests will go back to the lowest tier but will be given 500 points.
Membership is free and has no age restrictions. For guests traveling with cabin mates with differing membership tier levels, some perks can be extended to all guests, while others are not transferable, as noted above.
How to earn points
Points are awarded for cruises sailed, with more points being given for higher level experiences and the length of cruise.
- 200 points for a cruise under 6 days
- 500 points for a cruise between 6-10 days
- 700 points for a cruise of 10+ days
- 400 points for a cruise under 6 days
- 700 points for a cruise between 6-10 days
- 1,000 points for a cruise of 10+ days
- 600 points for a cruise under 6 days
- 1,000 points for a cruise between 6-10 days
- 1,500 points for a cruise of 10+ days
MSC Yacht Club Experience
- 800 points for a cruise under 6 days
- 1,500 points for a cruise between 6-10 days
- 2,000 points for a cruise of 10+ days
Other ways to earn points
Guests earn 100 points for every 150 €/$ of pre-cruise purchases, such as MSC packages and services, made prior to the cruise. Dining, drink, and internet packages are popular pre-cruise expenditures. Prior to booking an MSC cruise, it is important to understand what is and isn't included with your fare.
Once you are onboard your cruise, you can earn an extra 100 points for every 150 €/$ spent on board, excluding the casino. Only the MSC Voyagers Club cardholder who made the final payment will get these points, though.
An easy (and free) way to earn 100 bonus points is by updating your contact information no later than 72 hours prior to sailing.
Finally, those who book a World Cruise will receive triple the membership points based on the experience level selected at the time of booking.
How to register for the MSC Voyagers Club
Anyone is eligible for membership in the MSC Voyagers Club as long as they have cruised or have a confirmed booking.
Guests can register for the program in two main ways:
- Pre or post-cruise through the MSC website, see the MSC Voyagers section.
- Onboard by contacting Reception /Guest Service or the MSC Voyagers Club Infopoint.
Unlike other mainstream cruise lines' loyalty programs, Voyagers Club status is subject to expiration. If your cruise's last disembarkation date is over three years (36 months) old, your status will expire.
Similarly, if you status match and don't complete a cruise in three years after the enrollment date, you will lose your MSC Voyagers Club status.
One great feature of the MSC loyalty program is Status Matching.
For those guests who have accumulated loyalty program status with another cruise line, hotel or travel operator, they can apply to MSC for a status match.
There is no fee to do this, but it can only be done once, so guests should carefully consider which program is the most valuable. Ideally, this should be completed 7-10 prior to sailing, to ensure the status is recognized. The application for this is located on the MSC Cruises website.
The list of eligible loyalty programs for matching is quite extensive. Some of the major brands include:
- Celebrity Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Costa Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Royal Caribbean
- Holland America
- Club Med
- Best Western
- Ritz -Carlton
- RIU Hotels and Resorts
Other loyalty programs
- Cirque de Soleil
More MSC Cruise information